We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Compliance Product team to support with ideation, design, development, testing, analysis, promotion and support of our flagship product. Our mission is to deliver best-in-class, simplified digital payments experience for our customers across borders within and outside of Africa, and market-leading payment alternatives. Our merchants use this platform to collect payments from customers, issue cards, pay suppliers, salaries, remittances, among others. You will be responsible for driving the geographic coverage and develop innovative solutions to fulfill growing consumer needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive product strategy and vision, and assume overall responsibility for the success of your product
- Determine customers' needs by carrying out market research and developing an understanding of competitive products in our key markets
- Own product roadmap and manage timelines for new implementations
- Create enthusiasm for the product vision internally and with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate new ideas and features to stakeholders for growth
- Own and oversee product development with cross-team coordination between product, engineering, QA, expansion and external partners, wherever necessary
- Analyse data related to recent product launches to draw insights and improve
- Support the development and communication of product materials
- Collect, analyse and respond to user feedback about product
- Support planning and implementation of product marketing campaigns
- Facilitate regular meetings with all stakeholders, including support, risk, compliance, marketing, finance and senior management to discuss new initiatives
- Preparation of product reports/ release notes for stakeholder consumption
Competency and Skill Requirement
- Proven work experience, with 2+ years in product management in technology / software development / fintech sector
- Strong experience with Third party provider integrations
- Strong supplier/vendor management experience: SLAs, pricing and negotiations, etc.
- Strong commercial view across the providers to see how we save money / optimize services
- Strong KYC, transaction monitoring experience
- Strong background in financial services, compliance space.
- Ability to work with Agile teams.
- Experience with API-driven products and service offerings
- In-depth understanding of industry, customers, product management cycle and competitor environment
- Excellent data analytics and quantitative skills to analyze data to inform product decisions and financial forecasts
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills